For two days mainstream media has screeched there’s no proof of President Trump’s claims Obama had Trump Tower wiretapped. Mainstream media isn’t looking very hard for the proof because conservative talk show host Mark Levin laid it all out for them on Fox News.
Mark Levin is an attorney and talk show host who served in the Regan administration as Chief of Staff for Attorney General Ed Meese. Levin foisted the mainstream media on their own petard, including an open letter to CNN’s Brian Stelter blasting him for dishonesty and a lack of curiosity.
Levin will be on Hannity tonight on Fox to explain more about Obamagate.
Here’s Mark Levin making the case against Obama:
The Independent Journal Review recounted Levin’s laundry list about Obama administration spying, including links to the mainstream media outlets. Levin maintains it is simply a matter of using logical reasoning to figure out what was going on based on the leaks and mainstream media reports. Here’s how Levin laid it all out:
- “Two separate sources with links to the counter-intelligence community have confirmed to Heat Street that the FBI sought, and was granted, a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of ‘U.S. persons’ in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia.” (Heatstreet)
- “The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials.” (The Guardian)
- “The FBI and five other law enforcement and intelligence agencies have collaborated for months in an investigation into Russian attempts to influence the November election, including whether money from the Kremlin covertly aided President-elect Donald Trump, two people familiar with the matter said.” (McClatchy)
- “The F.B.I. is leading the investigations, aided by the National Security Agency, the C.I.A. and the Treasury Department’s financial crimes unit. The investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, the officials said. One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.” (NYT)
- “In its final days, the Obama administration has expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.” (NYT)
- “In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government. Former American officials say they had two aims: to ensure that such meddling isn’t duplicated in future American or European elections, and to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators.” (NYT)
- Flynn Is Said to Have Talked to Russians About Sanctions Before Trump Took Office (NYT) [“Where’d they get this information?” Levin asks.]
- “The focus of the U.S. counterintelligence investigation has been on communications between Trump campaign officials and Russia. The inquiry involving Mr. Sessions is examining his contacts while serving as Mr. Trump’s foreign-policy adviser in the spring and summer of 2016, one person familiar with the matter said.” [References Washington Post in video, but actually Wall Street Journal]
Did the mainstream media develop amnesia? Are they feigning ignorance?